Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions ♥

A fresh new year = a time to reflect, set goals, and become a better person. Last year I kicked butt with my resolutions and this year I hope to do the same. 

I've learned that in order to achieve new year's resolutions we must set attainable and realistic goals. Last year I set goals to go to the temple at least once a month (check!) and send 2 random cards a month (almost check! i only sent one in september...ugh.). These goals were not absolutely insane and unattainable - rather they were ones I could achieve, but still helped me become a better person than I was in 2010. 

This year I've added a few new resolutions as well as continued one. Before I announce my resolutions I want to talk about something that guided those resolutions. Two semesters ago I created a mission statement in my 7 Habits of Highly Effective People class at UVU (highly recommended!!!). My mission statement is there to serve as a guide through my life as to what I want to be.

Take a look.
While contemplating what I wanted my 2012 resolutions to be, I referred to this mission statement and evaluated what I really wanted to become better at in this new year. Here's what I decided:

{1.} Go to the temple once a month. 
-strive to find happiness in the world.
-inspire through example.
-serve like He did.

{2.} Write in my journal once a week.
-find joy in your family.
-strive to find happiness in the world.
-follow your bliss.
-stand up, don't sit down.
-love the life you live.

{3.} Pray daily. (To make this realistic I am giving myself an A+ for 350/365 days - we all have those days when we're sick, on vacation, or just simply forget to pray. I wanted this goal to be realistic and measurable which is why I am allotting some wiggle room. :))
-find joy in your family.
-be a supportive wife. (yes errrbody I pray for my future husband. :))
-strive to find happiness in the world.
-inspire through example.
-serve like He did.
-stand up, don't sit down.
-love the life you live.

And then of course, in 2012 I will:
DECORATE IT.
ACHIEVE IT.
BE IT.
&&
LIVE IT.

What are your resolutions? Have you made any? If not, it's not too late!! :)
Happy "resoluting"!

No comments:

Post a Comment